ADRF5050 Nonreflective, Silicon SP4T Switch, 100 MHz to 20 GHz
The ADRF5050 is a nonreflective SP4T switch manufactured in a silicon on insulator (SOI) process. The ADRF5050 operates from 100 MHz to 20 GHz with insertion loss less than 1.20 dB and isolation higher than 47 dB. The device has RF input power handling capability of 33 dBm for through paths.
The ADRF5050 operates with a dual-supply voltage +3.3 V and −3.3 V. The device can also operate with a single positive supply voltage (VDD) applied while the negative supply pin (VSS) is tied to ground. The single-supply operation condition requires lower operating power while the excellent small signal performance is maintained (see Table 2 in the data sheet).
The ADRF5050 employs complimentary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)- and low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL)-compatible controls. The device has enable and logic select controls to feature all off state and port mirroring, respectively.
The ADRF5050 is pin compatible with the ADRF5042 and ADRF5043.
The ADRF5050 comes in a 24-terminal, 3 mm × 3 mm, RoHS compliant, land grid array (LGA) package and can operate from −40°C to +105°C.
- Test instrumentation
- Military radios, radars, and electronic counter measures (ECMs)
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
Features and Benefits
- Ultrawideband frequency range: 100 MHz to 20 GHz
- Nonreflective 50 Ω design
- Low insertion loss
- 0.9 dB typical to 6 GHz
- 1.00 dB typical to 12 GHz
- 1.20 dB typical to 20 GHz
- High isolation Between RFx and RFx
- 54 dB typical to 6 GHz
- 50 dB typical to 12 GHz
- 47 dB typical to 20 GHz
- High input linearity
- P0.1dB: 34 dBm typical
- IP3: 55 dBm typical
- High RF power handling
- Through path: 33 dBm up to 20 GHz
- Terminated path: 18 dBm up to 20 GHz
- Switching on and off time: 55 ns
- 0.1 dB settling time (50% VCTRL to 0.1 dB final RFOUT): 80 ns
- All off state control
- Logic select control
- Single-supply operation with derated power handling
- No low frequency spurs
- 24-terminal, 3 mm × 3 mm, land grid array (LGA) package
- Pin compatible with the ADRF5042 and ADRF5043